Notes on a novel approach to AI that is 1) inclusive of people from
all backgrounds to benefit the greater good and 2) inclusive of a very
broad community of scholars and innovators. I believe Inclusive
Intelligence could be a Grand Challenge that UC Berkeley is uniquely
positioned to develop at the intersection of our core value of
comprehensive excellence and our public mission.
Ken Goldberg, UC Berkeley
Call It Multiplicity: Is AI a Threat...or an Opportunity? (Essay and WSJ Op-Ed).
Multiplicity: An Antidote to Automation Anxiety (ReInvent SF Talk with video, July 2017).
"Rise of the Robots" Episode with Ken Goldberg (42 mins, 2 Dec 2017).
The Next Billion Seconds Podcast with Mark Pesce, iTunes.
- Countering Singularity Sensationalism: Review of Three New AI Books. (Nature Journal, 2015).
Let's Ditch the Singularity and Focus on Multiplicity (Medium 2015).
The First Pair of Tongs: A Paradox for Rabbis and Robots. Adam Naftalin-Kelman and Ken Goldberg (J-Weekly, April 2017).
Don't Worry: AI Needs Humans. Ken Goldberg (NY Times Magazine Letters Jan 2017).
- Will Machines Make Better Decisions Than Humans?
(World Economic Forum, Jan 2015, 5 mins).
- Multiplicity is More Valuable Than Singularity. Interview with Audrow Nash (2015).
- The Future of Robots and Jobs. BBC Forum Radio. March 2015.
- Robots and Creativity. Naultilus Magazine Interview with Jeanne Carstensen. Jan 2015.
The Robot in the Cloud: A Conversation With Quentin Hardy, NY Times, Oct, 2014.
- J-Weekly: The Golem and Robots. Aug 2013.
Interview on Telerobots, Androids, and Heidegger with
Erico Guizzo IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine. March 2011. (.pdf)