IEEE Robotics and Automation Society:
Technical Activities Board (TAB) Website
IEEE RAS Technical Committees.
RAS Technical Committees are initiated to grow research in a new topic
or re-energize research in an established topic related to Robotics
and Automation. RAS Technical Committees are expected to retire after
6-9 years as their topic becomes established to make room for new TCs.
To join a TC, email the Corresponding Co-Chair.
List of IEEE RAS Distinguished Lecturers
The Distinguished Lecturer Program promotes the field of Robotics and
Automation to the broad engineering community and to the public at large.
Twenty-Four DLs are appointed, eight per geographic region (Asian and Pacific,
Distinguished Lecturers Database
Amplifying Research (Column for Robotics and Automation Magazine)
- How to Request Travel
Support for a Distinguished Lecturer to speak at your Event
- How to Propose a New TC
- Duties of a TC Co-Chair
- Duties of a Distinguished Lecturer
- Template for 1-page PowerPoint slide for TCs (300k .ppt)
Triennial Review process for Technical Committees
(Approved in Fall 2007)
- Report on TAB Meeting, Fall 2009 (14MB .ppt)
- Report on TAB Meeting, Spring 2009 (7MB .ppt)
- Triennial Review Reports
from 9 TCs: Spring 2009
- Report on TAB Meeting, Fall 2008 (7MB .ppt)
- Summary of TAB Accomplishments
2006-2007 (.5MB .ppt)
- Report on Technical Activities to Adcomm, ICRA, Apr 2007 (2MB .ppt)
- Report on Technical Activities to Adcomm, IROS, Oct 2006 (4.5MB .ppt)
Report on Technical Activities to Adcomm, ICRA, May 2006
- For TC Co-Chairs: Info on Applying for Small (US$500) Promotions and Communications Grants
- TAB Charter
Describes motivation/roles of IEEE RAS Technical Committees and
Distinguished Lecturers. Duties of VPTA, TC Co-Chairs, and DLs,
How to propose a new TC, Requirements for TC Websites, etc.
(Approved 20 May 2006).
Vice President of Technical Activities
goldberg at berkeley.edu
Prof. Ken Goldberg
4141 Etcheverry Hall
University of California
Berkeley, CA 94720-1777
(510) 643-9565 (office, but try email first)
(510) 642-5484 (IEOR Dept)
(510) 642-1403 (fax)